Wingu Academy is committed to protecting you, and your family’s personal information.
Data collected by Wingu Academy
Wingu Education collects data from visitors on our website and directly during the admissions process and throughout your registered period with us. When you request for our admission specialists to be in contact with you for you to schedule a one-on-one demo and inquiry session, you will be asked to enter your full name, email address, phone number or other details to help you with your experience and for us to personalize the session to best fit your needs.
Upon registration with us, Wingu Academy will collect the following information about our students and legal guardians:
- name, email address, postal address, telephone number and other contact details;
- date of birth;
- characteristics such as your home language
- Additional educational needs;
- proof of identification;
- bank details and other applicable financial information;
- academic records including previous reports
- All correspondence on the Wingu platform
How Wingu Academy handles your private data
Any kind of personal information collected from visiting our website, requesting a session with our admission specialists, registering a learner with us or filling in a survey will be used for the following, but not limited to, purposes:
- Monitoring the safety of students, parents and staff when making use of the Wingu platform
- Providing access to the Wingu platform and resources
- Monitoring and reporting on student’s’ progress
- Ensuring students’ safety and security
- To design a personalized experience and a service that provides relevant requested information to our clients
- To gather feedback that continuously allows us to develop a user-friendly website and platform
- To allow us to provide, maintain and improve our Client Care Services
- To provide our clients with relevant surveys, promotions and announcements
- To have safe, quick and effective banking transactions
- To analyse our business to ensure that it is performing well
- To comply with a legal obligation and to perform Wingu’s contractual obligations to their clients
Third Party Disclosure
All personal information gathered is not sold, traded or transferred to any third parties without explicit consent. This, however, does not include all our website hosting services who might need this information to provide services for us. This information is to be kept confidential by the parties and is protected by agreement.
Third party disclosure of your information may also come into operation if we reasonably believe that it is appropriate in terms of complying with the law, or for the protection of any party’s personal rights and safety. Moreover, non-personally identifiable visitor information may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses. No automated decisions will also be made using your personal data.
Apart from third party links for marketing and advertising, we also make use of Google Ads in line with their Advertising Principles to provide a positive experience for users, can be found here: https://support.google.com/adspolicy/topic/1626336?hl=en&ref_topic=2996750,1308156
How long will your information be held?
Wingu Academy does not store your personal data for longer than is necessary for the initial intended purpose for which it was collected for. We safely keep our user-data on our database and delete it after 3 years of unenrolling with us. However, a client can explicitly request to be deleted after the term of unenrolling.
In order to protect visitor personal information, we have the following in place:
POPIA dictates that privacy policies have to consider the following:
- Users can visit our site anonymously
- Users are able to request for the change of their personal information
- We do not allow third party behavioural tracking
- We do not specifically market to children under 13 years of age
- Users can request to unsubscribe from all correspondences from us
- We have a unique username and password for all our platform users protected by the regulations of Moodle with can be found here: https://docs.moodle.org/311/en/Site_security_settings
- We use encryption to keep your data private while in transit
- We review our information collection, storage, and processing practices, including physical security measures, to prevent unauthorized access to our systems
- We restrict access to personal information to Wingu Academy employees, contractors, and agents who need that information in order to process it. Anyone with this access is subject to strict contractual confidentiality obligations and may be disciplined or terminated if they fail to meet these obligations.
- User-data is backed up daily onto secure cloud servers located in Germany
- Personal data submitted to us via jotform will be using SSL/secure form URL to be accepted therefore, it is protected and supported by high-grade 256-bit encryption
- For payments, we use the providers, netcash and payfast. Their privacy policies can be found here https://netcash.co.za/privacy-notice/ and https://www.payfast.co.za/privacy-policy
Cookies and Site Statistics
We gather non-personal data regarding site visitors to our website, which does not need your consent. However, it is important that you are aware of them and know that you have the option to block these cookies by changing your browser settings. Please be notified that this might affect your navigation of our site.
This is provided to use statistical information on visits to pages, type of browsers being used to view the site, paths taken through the site and other general information. Under no circumstances can this be linked to an individual person, as we have taken great care to make sure that your private information is not at risk by allowing cookies.